Preparing students for the future, both in and out of the classroom, requires more resources than taxpayer dollars alone can provide.The 21st Century Education Foundation works with Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) to match the needs of AACPS with the financial resources of surrounding businesses, industries, and communities.
Each year, the 21st Century Education Foundation supports a wide range of events, fundraising campaigns, and initiatives to support the 81,000 students and over 10,000 employees served by the school system. These initiatives fall into the following high-need areas within AACPS, including:
- Student Engirchment & Leadership Opportunities--supporting CRASC programs and helping send students to academic competitions through our co-curricular office;
- Students in Need--providing critical supplies and resources to our homeless students;
- Employee Recognition & Development--supporting teacher enrichment events such as the AACPS Speaker Series and the Leadership Development Institute, a year-long program designed to enhance the leadership capacity within AACPS employees;
- Technology in the Classroom--purchaing tablets for the Digital Classroom Project which puts mobile technology directly into the hands of students throughout the county; and
- Family & Community Engagement--supporting initiatives that engage our family and the community, including Harvest for the Hungry, and the Relay for Life campaigns.
These activities and many others are made possible by the commitment from the business community partnering with our dedicated educators to provide an excellent education for every child in Anne Arundel County.